Prevent data leaks with AlertBoot Port Control
What would stop one of your employees from downloading valuable customer and corporate
data assets onto their music player or USB key and taking it out of the office?
If there is a data breach, your organization will likely
pay the price — both financially and publicly.
Hardware Port Blocking and Access Control
AlertBoot Port Control controls a user's ability to transfer data to removable devices
and drives that are not authorized for use with company machines. AlertBoot Port
Control is configured from AlertBoot Central's management console and synchronized
with devices remotely for easy configuration, deployment, and reporting of policies
for auditing compliance.
Control access to devices and drives
AlertBoot Port Control prevents unauthorized use of serial, parallel and other ports
and controls access to CD-R of DVD-R drives
- USB ports (USB keys, personal music players, external hard drives, PDAs)
- Serial ports (PDAs, old communication devices)
- Parallel ports (Printers, old communication devices)
- FirWire (external hard drives, personal music players, PDAs)
- IrDA® (Infrared receivers, handheld portables, cell phones, cameras)
- CD-R/DVD-R (burning data on CDs or DVDs)
Selective access control based on device classes, brand, and ID
Extended features of Port Control allow an organization to adapt the security control
policies to accomodate new devices or ports. Organizations can also discriminate
between "good" and "bad" devices based on the devices classes, brand, and ID. This
allows organizations to continue to use selective USB tokens or keys that are approved
for use while excludig the use of other devices on that USB port.